Friday

11th february 1963

today i will wear black.



it's getting so i live every moment with terrible intensity. last night, driving back from boston, i lay back in the car and let the colored lights come at me, the music from the radio, the reflection of the guy driving. it all flowed over me with a screaming ache of pain. . .remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. live it, feel it, cling to it. i want to become acutely aware of all i've taken for granted. when you feel that this may be the good-bye, the last time, it hits you harder.

- from a letter to eddie cohen by sylvia plath

5 comments:

s/w said...

I feel head over heels for Sylvia a few years ago, and the obsession never stopped.

I assume you've read her journals? I think I remember you saying somewhere on this blog that you have (pretty sure this quote is from the journals, right?). Anyway, you should try and get your hands on this: http://shop.bl.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/BritishLibrary/ISBN_9780712351027

It's pretty amazing to hear her voice. There's a great interview on it as well. Ted speaks as well, and as much as, you know, it's TED, it is really interesting to hear their dynamic as a couple.

Ok, I've rambled enough.

s/w said...

Ugh the link didn't work. Ok it's "Sylvia Plath: The Spoken Word." An audio recording put out by the BBC.

STACY said...

ohhh sylviaaaa.
xx

Tea For Two said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tea For Two said...

I'm one of the only people I know who remembers every Feb 11th that it's the anniversary of her death. Great to see this post. I'm much more of a Sexton fan these days but Plath's words really held my hand as a teenager.