Tuesday

october 1962.


part 2

it is january and along with expected resolutions like drink more water and eat more fruit, this year i have three very important goals; to grow out my hair, read every book on my ever growing list and compose a poem a day. i've now almost completed my sylvia plath collection and at times, late at night while i read her diaries through heavy eyes, i feel almost as if i am rereading my own. she has the most beautiful way of explaining through printed words the darkest thoughts which haunt me and all at once i feel as though i've found my voice in hers. she is my greatest literary inspiration and i thought i would take a moment away from scribbling in my moleskine to share the very thing i am most fascinated by: the real sylvia plath. to hear her speak, her voice a dream, plain and simple, outside the context of a re worked poem.

A.

3 comments:

Maria said...

thanks, this made we wake up from a dizzy tuesday morning...

Metty said...

maybe you already saw that, but still, looks interesting to me, i like that quote:

http://www.contrariwise.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/2214796277_6ac18cde2d_o.jpg

cloudo3 said...

I love her Cambridge notes from February 1956, so amazing.