Thursday

cellphone diary.















cellphone snaps from my last trip to new york in all their untouched unedited naff quality glory.


1. a window view my first morning in brooklyn.
2. birthday brunch at a favourite new spot - yaffa cafe.
3. it's like elly jackson's wardrobe itself exploded onto its walls.
4. apparently, it was the eighties again at topshop & i loved it.
5. mornings were spent at olso on bedford avenue for dirty chais & soy lattes.
6. la roux in rebel rebel's window on bleeker street.
7. midafternoon maccaroons in midtown.
8. a solo breakfast outside in yaffa's garden, where i would later meet up with la roux & share yet another brunch with.
9. the 5.95 breakfast special i returned three times for during my two week stay.
10. a pink wig for stevie on the street in the east village.
11. at the cmj fader party in the ace hotel. to see florence, of course.
12. sequined dress found at my favourite new vintage shop of which i have sadly forgotten the name. 1st av between st. marks place & w 14th.
13. reading the book my new best friend mickey o'brien, the lovely lady on keys for la roux, gave to me for the plane ride home.

more new york to come...

x

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

these were all posted on twitter/tumbler non?

Suz said...

Love cellphone photos!
Mickey has excellent taste. Truman Capote is the best.

Rock & Revolution said...

Great pics! I'm in love with the leopard wall paper!

Anonymous said...

yay glad to finally see the product of your epic new york trip! yaffa sounds yummy and those sequins are awesome

mia said...

this is so 'saturday morning'. great, great

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS photos. I love your blog :)

A. said...

anonymous,

oui! all but three.

Veronica said...

your hat is an A+

Julia said...

i love yaffa cafe! it's so pretty in there.
your pictures make me homesick for new york.

Julia

Zlata said...

I LOVE LA ROUX!!!!!
http://magneticmode.blogspot.com/

Annabelle Rachael Taylor said...

this makes me miss new york so much!! there excatly the kind of shots i collected. i need to get mine up!!

i was there a month so i have loads to go through!! love the sequin butterfly top is it?

annabellerachaeltaylor.blogspot.com

xx

said...

arr I love that second photo!

Taryn said...

I love these, makes me miss new york with every part of my heart.

liana said...

i love that sequined dress. divine.

young-shields said...

utterly, utterly jealous of yo life.

claire x

IRIS and PIETER said...

beautifulllll

Anonymous said...

how was your birthday love?!!
hope it was the best one yet
i love love love the photo of you with that awesome bowler-esque hat! i saw an beautiful crimson colored one at h&m ahh im gonna try to go there now and get it
xox

Bianca said...

pure magic.

Anonymous said...

i like the macarons
http://hippie-polaroid.blogspot.com/

Teenage (ariel) Dirtbag said...

so cute! I miss newyork!

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure these are the best cellphone photos I have ever seen!

thimbles and gingham said...

great photos. i wish i could go on a 2 week holiday!

ginny said...

ahhhh! awesome pictures...

and summer crossing is amazing. i loved it...well, capote is my favorite author. it'd be a shame if i read anything by him i hated...

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I stumbled into your blog and found it extremely enjoyable. I just want to make a small Swedish footsteps following me. Trust that I will be back again soon!

Peace & Love

Agneta

The Freakum Dress said...

New York looks great, it's amazing the atmosphere this city create

Pedro said...

Brooklyn

johanna said...

Lovley blog, just found it, happy!